You can apply online for Group Long Term Disability Plus Insurance with QuickDecisionSM 1, in minutes. There’s no medical exam – just answer some questions about your health and provide some other information. You’ll know if you’re approved in as little as one day for as much as $7,500 a month in group disability coverage.
Key features and options:
- Available for Bar Association Members2 under age 50.
- Coverage amounts through $7,500 a month for lawyer members.
- Easy online application with real-time medical review.
- No medical exam – just answer some questions about your health and other information.
- May be approved in as little as 24 hours.
- Available exclusively through New York Life Insurance Company.
- Own Occupation allows you to collect benefits if you’re unable to perform your specific specialty of law up to age 65, even if you’re able to work in another occupation or specialty.
- Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) option rider ensures your benefits keep pace with inflation.
- Law School Loan Payment option rider will pay up to $200,000 in eligible law school student loans. Members must be under age 40 to apply and must be permanently disabled prior to age 45.
- Catastrophic Disability option rider pays an additional 25% of benefit should you lose the ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Portable,3 so you can take your coverage with you through changes in your career.
Talk with an Insurance Plan Specialist.
Your generosity made over $7.6 million in grants possible for 2022.
1QuickDecisionSM is only available to individuals under age 50. (Not available for residents of CA, ID, NH, NM, NV, ME, MN, OH, UT, VA or VI.) Long Term Disability Plus is not available in NH, NV, OH, or VT.
2The terms “Bar Association Member” and Member when used in this website mean a practicing lawyer who is a member of the American Bar Association (ABA) or any entity that is represented in the ABA’s House of Delegates, including state and many local and specialty bar association. A list of all such entities is available at https://abendowment.org/resources.
3Subject to U.S. government regulations on restricted countries.
About the Carrier
Underwritten by New York Life Insurance Company, 51 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010 under group G-29900-0 on Policy Form GMR.
New York Life is licensed/authorized to transact business in all of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Canada. However, not all group policies it underwrites are available in all jurisdictions. New York Life's state of domicile is New York and NAIC ID # 66915.
Bonnie Czarny (ABE), is licensed in AR, Insurance License #404091 and CA, Insurance License # 0H99426.
All ABE-sponsored insurance is designed to generate dividends; however dividends are not guaranteed. For more information, visit our Dividend Notice page.