ABA Fund for Justice and Education
Ensuring equal access to justice and promoting the rule of law.
Promoting access to justice, especially for those most vulnerable, is central to one’s professional calling as a lawyer and for those passionate about the rule of law. For more than 50 years, with funding from the ABE, the ABA Fund for Justice and Education (FJE) has helped do just that – providing lawyers with the opportunities to improve the justice system, their practice and profession, and our communities.
The FJE represents a wide range of ABA public service and educational programs focused on furthering access to justice, children and family rights, public education, professionalism and the legal profession, and international justice. The unifying purpose is to help ensure equal access to justice for all individuals in America and around the world.
Examples of these programs which have received support from ABE include:
- By providing online access to timely civil legal advice through ABA Free Legal Answers, pro bono lawyers help individuals across the country.
- Offering an easily accessible online toolkit, the ABA Commission on Women promotes zero tolerance, a compilation of best practices and resources for combatting sexbased harassment in the legal profession.
- Using pro bono lawyers, the Veterans Claims Assistance Network helps veterans obtain promised benefits.
- By deploying lawyers and legal information hotlines, the ABA Young Lawyers Division’s Disaster Legal Services program ensures that disaster survivors receive timely legal assistance to obtain needed benefits and support to regain safe housing.
- By researching the state of public defense in this country, the ABA Standing Committee on Legal Aid and Indigent Defendants works to ensure the constitutional promise of the right to effective counsel is realized.
High quality insurance.
Safeguard your financial future and protect yourself and those you love. ABE offers group insurance plans from New York Life, exclusively for ABA lawyer members. Rely on ABE through every stage of your personal and professional life.
"The ABE remains the largest annual unrestricted donor to the ABA/FJE. The grant supports and enhances the charitable work of the ABA, allowing us to defend liberty and deliver justice as the national representative of the legal profession. The ABE’s generosity enables the ABA to help pro bono attorneys assist veterans get disability benefits, provides hope to migrant children and families seeking asylum and a safer future, helps provide legal services to survivors of disasters, and so much more. Philanthropy is vital to the ongoing success of the ABA’s public service and educational programs. ABE’s support is a critical aspect of ABA efforts to continue this outstanding work."