Mid-Term Disability Insurance is designed to help protect your income and preserve your quality of life in the event of an accident or serious illness. Mid-Term disability benefits are payable for up to 2 years for sickness or up to 5 years for an accident. A choice of options gives you the flexibility to tailor your disability coverage to meet your specific needs.
Key features and options:
- Available for Bar Association Members1 and Spouses/Domestic Partners under age 65 residing in the U.S. and Puerto Rico and who are working full-time. (Not available for residents of NH, NV, OH, or VT.)
- Coverage amounts up to $12,000 a month for members and up to $5,000 a month for Spouses/Domestic Partners.
- Choice of waiting periods helps reduce premiums.
- Benefits payable up to 5 years for accident or injury, up to 2 years for a covered sickness.
- Portable,2 so you can take your coverage with you through changes in your career.
For additional details including assignment of dividends, features, costs, eligibility, renewability, exclusions and limitations, refer to the Mid-Term Disability Brochure.
Estimate your rate two ways.
Talk with an Insurance Plan Specialist.
Your generosity made over $7.6 million in grants possible for 2022.
1The terms "Bar Association Member" and Member when used in this website mean a practicing lawyer who is a member of the American Bar Association (ABA) or any entity that is represented in the ABA's House of Delegates, including state and many local and specialty bar association. A list of all such entities is available at https://abendowment.org/resource.
2Subject to U.S. government regulations on restricted countries.
About the Carrier
Underwritten by New York Life Insurance Company, 51 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010 under Group Policy G-29902-0 on Policy Form GMR.
New York Life is licensed/authorized to transact business in all of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Canada. However, not all group policies it underwrites are available in all jurisdictions. New York Life's state of domicile is New York and NAIC ID # 66915.
Bonnie Czarny (ABE), is licensed in AR, Insurance License #404091 and CA, Insurance License # 0H99426.
All ABE-sponsored insurance is designed to generate dividends; however dividends are not guaranteed. For more information, visit our Dividend Notice page.