Group Long-Term Disability Insurance
A disability could potentially destroy your way of life. It can take away many things you've achieved through your profession – all the things you've enjoyed at your income level. Long-Term Disability Insurance can protect you and your family against such a loss. Since your income is the basis of your lifestyle, protect it with ABE-sponsored Long-Term Disability Insurance.
Key features and options:
- Available1 for ABA lawyer members and spouses/domestic partners under age 65 residing in the U.S. and Puerto Rico and who are working full-time.
- Coverage amounts through $12,000 a month for members and through $5,000 a month for spouses/domestic partners.
- Choice of waiting periods helps reduce premiums.
- Your coverage is renewable as long as you remain an ABA member, stay employed full-time, and you are under age 75.
- "Own Occupation" (for members only) allows you to collect benefits if you’re unable to perform your regular occupation and specialty for the first five years.
- Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) option rider ensures your benefits keep pace with inflation.
- Law School Loan Payment option rider will pay up to $200,000 in eligible law school student loans. Members must be under age 40 to apply and must be permanently disabled prior to age 45.
- Portable,2 so you can take your coverage with you through changes in your career.
- A no-cost benefit for up to one-month of benefits to an insured member to care for a close family member with a serious health condition.
For important plan information including assignment of dividends, features, costs, eligibility, renewability, exclusions and limitations, see the Plan brochure.
Estimate your rate.
Talk with an Insurance Plan Specialist.
Your generosity made $6.8 million in grants possible for 2019.
1Not available for residents of NH, NV, OH, or VT. For more information, contact an ABE-Insurance Plan Specialist at
800-621-8981 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2Subject to U.S. Government regulations on restricted countries.
About the Carrier
Underwritten by New York Life Insurance Company, 51 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010 under Group policy G-29901-0 on Policy Form GMR.
New York Life is licensed/authorized to transact business in all of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Canada. However, not all group plans it underwrites are available in all jurisdictions. New York Life's state of domicile is New York and NAIC ID # 66915. Please check the plan details for current availability.
Bonnie Czarny (ABE), is licensed in AR, Ins. Lic. #404091 and CA, Insurance License # 0H99426.
All ABE-sponsored insurance plans are designed to generate dividends; however dividends are not guaranteed. For more information, visit our Dividend Notice page.
You may also be interested in:
Call 1-800-621-8981 to speak with an ABE Insurance Plan Specialist.