Supplemental Insurance Coverage for Lawyers: Peace of Mind Guaranteed
Do you have the coverage you need if hospitalized or injured in an accident?
Even if you have basic medical insurance, in the event of an accident or hospitalization you or your family may be left responsible for unexpected expenses. Request the added protection your family may need with supplemental insurance exclusively for ABA Member lawyers.
What makes ABE-sponsored Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) and Hospital Money Insurance (HMP) Plans for lawyers different?
- Portable*: Coverage under either or both of these supplemental insurance plans can move with you as your career changes.
- Guaranteed acceptance: Every ABA Member is eligible to apply for these plans on a guaranteed acceptance basis. (Not available in all states: see plan section pages.)
- Hospital Money Plan: Get up to $500 per day, for each covered hospitalization, for up to 365 days.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance Plan covers speech and hearing loss: This plan includes benefits for loss of speech and hearing for up to 100 percent of the Principal sum in-force (see Plan section pages for details).
- Unique charitable giving feature: Dividends donated to the ABE help support over 200 legal research, public service and educational programs and make you eligible for a charitable contribution on your tax return. (Dividends are not guaranteed.)
Underwritten by New York Life Insurance Company, 51 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010 on Policy Form GMR. All ABE-sponsored plans are group insurance plans, meaning coverage is issued to an ABA Member under a Certificate of Insurance. It is not provided under an individual policy, nor is it employer/employee insurance. Plans may vary and may not be available in all states.
To discuss your specific needs, please contact your ABE Personal Insurance Representative, or try our online Needs Assessment Tool.
*Subject to U.S. Government regulation and Group Policy terms governing termination of coverage – see plan section pages.